China Bank Savings, Inc. Data Privacy Notice
We are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with Republic Act 10173 (“Data Privacy Act of 2012”), its implementing rules and regulations, and other applicable laws of the Republic of the Philippines. We assure you that any information you communicate to us is protected. The Bank employs a combination of organizational, physical, procedural and technical security measures to secure your personal data.
When and What Personal Information We May Collect
When you apply for, avail or use the Bank’s products or services, interact with our employees and/or authorized representatives, visit our premises, and/or access our phonebanking, and/or access our online systems and mobile apps, the Bank may collect your personal information, such as but not limited to your:
- name, gender, nationality, birthdate, address, civil status, education and contact details;
- tax identification number and other government-issued identification numbers;
- employment and/or business information;
- financial information (such as assets, income, expenses, payments and transaction history);
- transaction history and account activities including dealings and interactions with third parties;
- specimen signature, biometrics, voice recordings and CCTV footages; and
- other personal information authorized and mandated by law to be collected such as but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001 (AMLA), Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) Circulars, etc.
In addition, we may use “Google Analytics” to collect information about the visitors accessing our websites. Google analytics collects information on the IP addresses, geolocation, frequency, pages accessed, web browser information, and previous sites accessed prior to visiting the Bank’s website. The Bank may use such information to improve the performance and content of its websites.
If you provide us with any personal information relating to a third party, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of such third party to provide us with his/her personal information for the relevant purposes.
Use and Processing of Your Personal Information
The Bank may use your personal data for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Know-Your-Customer examination/investigation or client identification related activities;
- evaluating and/or processing your applications or transactions;
- addressing your inquiries, concerns or complaints, and providing product and/or service related support;
- managing your accounts and performing other audit, administrative and operational tasks (e.g. credit and collection, customer satisfaction survey, relationship management, risk management, staff training, due diligence, system or product development and planning, insurance, safety and security management of premises and services, and general audit);
- informing you about new product/services offerings and promotions by the Bank, its parent bank, China Banking Corporation (CBC), and affiliates (Chinabank Insurance Brokers, Inc., China Bank Securities Corporation, China Bank Capital Corporation, China Bank Properties and Computer Center, Inc., and Manulife-China Bank Life Assurance Corporation, among others);
- profiling, data analysis, behavioural modelling, market research, cross-selling and direct marketing;
- detection, prevention, investigation, and prosecution of fraud or crime;
- compliance with laws and regulations governing our products and services (e.g. AMLA, BSP Circulars, Credit Information Corporation (CIC) Circulars, etc.);
- performing activities that you have consented to; and
- performing such other activities permitted by law;
The Bank ensures that only authorized personnel within the various units of the Bank has access to your personal information. Nevertheless, the Bank may share your personal information with relevant Government agencies such as BSP, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), CIC, Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation (PDIC) and Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) as mandated by pertinent laws and regulations. In addition, with your consent, the Bank may share your information with the bank’s offices, branches, subsidiaries and affiliates that are in collaboration with the bank to provide certain products and services to you, accredited third parties/vendors, credit reporting or credit reference agencies, credit protection provider, guarantee institutions, debt collection agencies, private regulatory organizations and other financial institutions, and other outsourced service providers engaged by the bank for the purposes of the bank’s conduct of everyday business. Such data sharing activities shall be done in a manner that is compliant with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and under an obligation of confidentiality.
The Bank may retain, process, update and/or share your personal information for as long necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it was collected and such other purposes that you may have consented to from time to time, or as required by pertinent laws and regulations.
Data Privacy Rights
Under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, the rights of the data subject is specifically set forth in Section 16 of the said law.
You shall notify us in writing, which must be acknowledged by us, if you do not consent to any of the processing described above and/or sharing of said information with our representative offices, parent bank, affiliates, agents and accredited third parties/vendors, service providers, or other persons or entities that we may reasonably select.
Privacy inquiries, requests, and concerns
For your data privacy inquiries, requests or concerns, you may email our Data Protection Office at email@example.com or get in touch with our Contact Center via our hotline at (02) 988-9555.